Saturday, April 12, 2014

Easter Pillowcases!

My friend and fellow grandmother, Lisa Connolly, told me about a sewing project she was doing - sewing Easter pillowcases for her grandchildren. Easy to do, she had had success making three for her three grandchildren.

It sounded like a great idea, and so I went fabric shopping and began!

Trinity: blue Easter egg
Braden: blue Easter egg
Addie: pink bunnies
Corinne: rickrack fabric

(I didn't make any for Julie, Cambria, Whitney, or Vanurt yet - they're too little for pillows. That's for next year.)

I had texted Sarah about JC - he's thirteen and too old for bunnies, but she assured me he would like a pillowcase, too. All I could think of was the movie, A Christmas Story, where Ralphie's well-meaning  aunt makes him pink bunny PJs for Christmas. Not wanting to be "that" relative, I purchased some more "manly" fabric for his.
Sarah affirmed that the football print was perfect, so that was the one I used.

The pillowcases were not only easy to make, they were so much fun that I decided to whip a few up for the kids of my Hershey colleagues.  Atticus MacLaverty (age 2, Jocelyn's son) got a green bunny print, Grace Ferguson (3, Sarah's daughter) got the large birdie print, and Alexa and Jack Evans (6 and 4, Cindy Evans' kids) got pink and green bunny prints.

I think I will do this for Halloween and Christmas, and maybe even Valentine's Day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment