Thursday, December 17, 2020

More Christmas Ornaments

 After doing the felt ornaments, I moved on to free standing lace. 

Lisa's class read Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol together and then had a Victorian Era Christmas party (her principal played the reformed Ebenezer Scrooge.) I made each of her students and "Mr. Scrooge"  lace Christmas tree ornaments.
For Kathy Nimmer and Sarah Larose, my blind friends, I always try to give them tactile gifts. I made several of this snowflake for them.
This bell is pretty in colors.
Or all in white. I haven't put a ribbon on it yet - I think I will use a sparkly silver or gold ribbon. It's for Heather James (Isaac's mom) who is battling brain cancer and she got some really good news this week. Since historically bells have been used to share good news, I made her a bell.

I don't visualize how colors will look together very well so it helps me to experiment.


All in all, I have made over 150 ornaments. I think I am done, but then I thought that a couple of days ago and ended up making two more since then! 


No comments:

Post a Comment